|This is G o o g l e's cache of http://ada.cnc.bc.ca/goodd/personal/psf/fan.htm.|
G o o g l e's cache is
the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.
to or bookmark this page, use the following url:
Google is not affiliated with the authors
of this page nor responsible for its
search terms have been highlighted:
Questions I have either been asked, or am anticipating on being asked.
Also Read Neill's Frequently asked Nonsense
page as well.
1. Tempo or looping is wrong in some songs *
- If it is Suikoden 2, set your CPU divider to 1, or get the latest version
of Highly Experimental
- If it is Tales / Lunar / Beyond the Beyond, your probably using one of my
older rips. Get a newer rip.
- If it is Alundra, I fixed the looping issue, by reripping it to original
driver. get that rip.
2. Okay, here's a list. game_title, game_title,
game_title, Metal Gear Solid, game_title, and game_title.
Now, I'm not REQUESTING that you rip these, I'm just saying, they're... you
know... they're cool games, man. *
2.1 Does that mean you will do them *
3. I want to rip game title, but the guides out there (Neill's Mini
howto) confuses me. *
- Ripping PSFs involves R3000 assembler. Its not for Everyone.
3.1 What about using PSF-o-Cycle
- Still need to know R3000 assembler to find the function calls.
3.2 Can you teach me *
- More likely to, if you join PSF Rippers. There, you
can find some of the tools you will need, as well as pointed to other PSX dev
4. Minipsfs/minipsf2s are cool, when will game title be converted to
- Almost Never. Not all games work with minipsf/minipsf2 format.
Some games will work because of some shared sample data. (ex. Final Fantasy 8,
4.1 Minipsfs/minipsf2s are not working for me. will you convert game title
to psf/psf2 for me?
- No. There are some likely reasons your having problems.
- Check that you have the latest version of your favorite psf player.
- Check that your favorite psf player supports minipsf/minipsf2s.
- Check that the psflib/psf2lib file, that was included in the psf set, is
in the same directory as the minipsf/minipsf2s. Make sure all of the
psflib/psf2libs are there.
5. OMG, game_title is on your TODO list! Where can I get
it? Why isn't it on the mirrors yet? *
- When it is released, it will appear on my psf mirror list, and start
showing up on other mirrors.
- If it isn't yet released, you can also hunt down my secret psf page, from
the main page, and check there. "DO NOT MAKE ANY SETS ON MY SECRET
PAGE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ANYWHERE ELSE. THESE ARE
EXCLUSIVE TO MY PAGE ONLY." Hopefully I got my point about that
across loud and clear. The sets on that page, are not yet ready for
official release, they are meant for your listening pleasure only. If
you do want to get the sets around, teach others how to find the secret page
* - Questions from Neill's frequently asked nonsense page, that I have been
asked as well. (some questions modified slightly). I answered most of
these questions similar to how neill would answer them, but most of them not